Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Splendid Quilting

Ups - I did it again! I know it's not so good an idea but I couldn't resist. I really tried hard. Really. But its too good to not be part of it.

It is THE SPLENDID SAMPLER

100 blocks in a year - 2 blocks each week. 2 blocks per week sounds managable (although I already know that I will fall back from time to time).

I decided to use only fabric that I already have. This is not a big sacrifice as my stash is really large. I searched for all my little pieces of hand-dyed and marbled fabric - this will be my color palette.



I was anxiously waiting for the first block and on February 14 it was in my in-box. "Hearts Aflutter" - the perfect block for Valentine's day. One block done - 99 to go.

"Hearts Aflutter" by Pat Sloan
machine sewn, hand appliquéd


No comments:

Post a Comment